Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Some New Pictures

Here are some pictures of me from my trips in various NMR and X-ray spectroscopes.
Here I am sporting some nice Magnesium ions (green spheres)!  You're getting a great view of my active site there in the middle and the picture is color-edited in PyMOL to show off the cartoon structure by secondary structure (PDB:  3CUX).
This is my best piranha pose (sorry you have to imagine the tail).  It features my surface as spheres with the same color scheme as before (PDB:  3CUX).
Here I'm wearing the flashy chainbows color scheme.  My sequence starts in the bottom right with the little tail of dark blue and follows the colors of the rainbow in reverse order of ROY G. BIV to the red helix in the middle.  Trying out the white background so you can see all those colors! (PDB:  3CUX)
Here I am with my twin.  Each of us is featuring two Mg ions with an oxalate ion bound to the central ion, as well as a CoA.  The color scheme is by chain showing that we are each one chain. (PDB:  3CV2)
This picture is an attempt to show off the residues around the active site.  The Magnesium ion has been colored orange and the green atoms are carbons.  The rest follows the traditional color scheme for elements. (PDB:  3CUX)

1 comment:

  1. A piranha, eh? I like it.

    You have great pictures here, Milton. I stopped in earlier when you had the blog but before you'd posted any pictures. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete